AutoSock keeps you moving with new High Performance sizes
AutoSock has introduced some additional High Performance car tyre socks for the 2008/2009 season, giving high performance tyres the grip they need on ice and snow.
- What are they? AutoSock are textile 'socks' which you slip over the driving wheels on cars or light commercials. There's only one possible way to fit them, so no practice is needed. AutoSock are reusable time and again and take up minimal space in the car.
- When should you use them? AutoSock provide an ideal "Get me Home" or "Get me to that meeting" solution. They work well in wet snow conditions and are therefore particularly appropriate for the UK where snowfall is sporadic and few people use winter tyres. Even 4 x 4s usually have wide tyres which are wholly unsuited to winter driving. The good news is that AutoSock have been shown by the T‹V to be more effective than winter tyres, with the further benefit that you only fit them when you need them.
- How do they work? Snow and ice sticks to fabric, which is why many people still put woolly socks over their shoes when walking on ice or snow. AutoSock's specially developed textile "wicks away" any water that's found between the ground and the tyre, (generated e.g. by the warmth of the sun, or wheel spin), improving the dry friction grip. The textile also has an unusual weave which maximises the friction contact with the ground.
- How well do they work? AutoSock were launched in Norway in 2002 after a long period of testing, evaluation and improvement. Sales have grown exponentially, with well over one million pairs sold so far, mostly on recommendation. When you've had the opportunity to test them for real you'll soon realise why. Most people are not only surprised but astonished at the difference they make to general traction, cornering, and braking.
- AutoSock are approved by many car manufacturers, including BMW, Fiat, PSA Peugeot CitroŽn, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, and VW.
- "This cheap alternative to snowchains or to winter tyres is staggeringly easy to fit. I used them while driving in the French Alps last week and can confirm they are absolutely superb." (Nat Barnes, Motoring Editor, Daily and Sunday Express)
- Pricing: The High Performance models, designed for vehicles with wider tyres and lower profiles, are priced at £64.95. Smaller sizes are priced at £49.95.
Click on the magnifying glass logo, wherever you see it, to find out which products have been specifically approved for use on your vehicle.
02. Roof Box Co: Hall of Fame
03. Carbox bootliners and mats
04. B&W Bike cases and boxes
05. Thule Excellence roof box
06. High Performance AutoSocks
07. RUD snow chains
08. Products for CoTY winners
09. Contour Messenger - pet carrier + Telegraph.co.uk review
10. Walser car seat covers
"); } //-->