B&W International is part of the BWH Group, Germany's premier specialist case manufacturer. The outdoor.cases range is completely waterproof (tested to 5 metres), dustproof and airtight, and is TÜV approved for use in the temperature range -40°C to +80°C. These cases are virtually unbreakable (the TÜV test included a fall to concrete from 3 metres) and have a Lifetime Guarantee against material or component failure in normal use. The Type 68 is available in black (1) as an empty case, (2) with "pluck foam", or (3) with a washable black nylon Reconfigurable Padded Divider set ("RPD").
Features and specifications of this case:
- Internal: 590 L x 435 W x 320mm H.
- External: 660 L x 500 W x 350mm H.
- Weight approx. 10.5kg, capacity approx. 82 litres.
- Buoyancy load in salt water is still TBC.
- Made from ultra high impact ABS plastic.
- This case has an integral trolley, with a retractable handle and 2 super strong wheels.
- 4 x burst-free 2 stage catches, including a push button safety system; most other types of 2 stage 'soft opening' catch are vulnerable to accidental opening, so this is a significant improvement.
- The handle has a handle stop at the vertical, i.e. the case won't swing and graze your knuckles.
- Stainless steel catch and hinge pins.
- Built in stacking locators.
- An air pressure purge valve.
- Padlock eyelets.
- Spares and accessories are available - see pop-up links below.
This is a black case, without foam or RPD. If you're not sure if this is the one you need, please click Back or click here to see a summary of the whole B&W range.