NEW 2005 MODEL - The Meta is now wider, has more pockets, and three compartments instead of two!
Ah, the traveller's dilemma - how to carry a computer, clothes, and all the other essentials of life. Until now, it meant that you had to lug around a bulky computer case and another bag (or two!). Well, road warriors, the Meta is here to make your life complete. It's the biggest, baddest notebook backpack around -- field tested around the globe.
The massive rear compartment will hold your clothes, shoes, food, accessories, and other stuff. The middle compartment holds your computer (in the padded Boot sleeve). The front compartment has organization pockets for accessories like pens, Zip disks, CD-ROMs, etc. In addition, there are two zipper pockets which are perfect for keeping all your cords out of the way. For items that need quick access, the Meta has a unique 2-pocket front panel: one pocket for magazines/folders and the other for maps and tickets.
Other features include:
- Large, padded waistbelt for comfort when carrying heavy loads.
- Tuck-away harness for convenience, when you don't want to carry the pack on your back.
- Removable, padded shoulder strap for carrying the bag sideways (like a courier bag or briefcase).
- Removable HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene) framesheet with a T6-6061 aluminum stay for reinforcement - essential for keeping the pack rigid and comfortable when carrying heavy loads.
You asked for a big pack, so here it is - a monster pack that holds more than you can probably carry, yet still meets airline carry-on requirements.
Other specificatons: (Metric sizes to follow)
- External dimensions: 22.0 x 14.0 x 9.0
- Capacity: 2800
- Weight: 5
- External fabric: 1680 Denier ballistic nylon
- Internal fabric: 210 Denier silver (grey) nylon
- Padding: Yes
- External pockets: 2
- Waist strap: Yes
- Removable strap: Yes
- Hideaway harness: Yes
- Top handle: Yes
- Side handle: Yes
- Framesheet: Yes
- Origin: Boulder, CO USA
This backpack is designed for use with a padded laptop sleeve (or "Boot") to hold the laptop firm and snug. If you haven't yet ordered a Boot, please click here to find out which size you need.