We offer five different brands of snowchain because each of the brands contributes something unique to our overall range:
INNO Quick & Easy
INNO's polyurethane "chains" are much the most popular type of snow traction system in Japan – they are for example supplied as Original Equipment to Toyota. Quick & Easy work extremely well, and can even be driven for up to 1000 kilometres (600 miles) on tarmac before they wear out.
Maggi is the probably the best known of the Italian brands. Some of their chains are similar to RUD and Thule in design, but because we are the UK importer we can offer these chains at better prices.
Unique chains: Maggi's 'The ONE' and 'The ONE 4x4' chains have a patented self-tensioning system that uses a series of elastomer balls to keep the chains tight. Their TRAK range fits from outside the wheel without the need for any tools.
RUD is Germany's specialist chain manufacturer – snowchains are only a small part of their global business.
Their top of the range 4x4 chains (RUD-matic Classic V) use exceptionally hard wearing speciality steels, which is why for example they supply the British Army and other organisations which need the toughest chains available for cross country work.
Unique chains: RUD-matic 'automatic' chains are slid over the top of wheels, so you don't need to push them through the snow at ground level. They're ideal for use on rear wheel drive cars with big wheels and insufficient space between the wheel and the wheel arch for your forearms.
These are made by Confon in Switzerland.
Unique chains: All Spikes-Spider chains are unique.
- Unlike all other chains, they don't grip the tyre at all, but clip onto a plate fixed to the wheel rim, meaning that they "float around the tyre", self cleaning as they go.
- Unlike all other ladder track chains, which are only held on to the wheel at one point, Spikes-Spider chains are held by up to five points – a more reliable fixing system for which they have the patent.
- Spikes-Spiders can be resized as required, providing long term value for money for customers who use cars with similar sized wheels.
- All components of the COMPACT and SPORT models can be replaced when they are worn out.
- Unlike all other snow chains, Spikes-Spiders don't rust because they use stainless steel.
- Spikes-Spiders provide complete protection for alloys.
It's no surprise that they are generally considered to be the best snow chain system available or that, for example, they are supplied as Original Equipment to Jaguar Land Rover.
We stock Thule's four best selling traditional chain models, together with the K-Summit ladder track chains, and the Easy-fit automatic chains.
Unique chains: Easy-fit chains are tangle free, quick, easy and intuitive to fit and remove – they're also ideal for use where space in the wheel arch is limited. They're as quick and easy to use as Spikes-Spiders, and quite a bit cheaper, but are less robust and more vulnerable to damage.