Roof mounting bike carriers
There are two types of bike racks that fit to the roof of a car - frame mounting and fork mounting. Use the Filter and Sort buttons to help you choose.
Roof mounting carriers have to be fitted to a set of roof bars going across the car. Some dealer supplied bars are not suitable - check the individual products for more information.
Check out our "Pick and Mix Multibuys" and our Package deals, and note that all our roof mounting bike carriers are in our 90 day exchange scheme. Prices and value have never been so good!
>> Roof mounting bike carrier:
Steel: The CRUZ 'Bici-rack' is a basic but solid bike carrier - it's made of much stronger material than similar bike carriers in this price range. It fits roof bars to 40mm wide, downtubes of up to 85mm deep by 65mm wide, and can easily be adjusted to
The new Thule FreeRide 532 replaces the best selling FreeRide 530, and has some useful upgrades in both design and features.
- Width 240mm, weight 3kg, for bikes up to 17kg
- Holds oval tubes to 80mm x 100mm, round tubes from 20mm to 80mm
- Unique wheel clamps and automatic tensioning
- Top quality German engineering
The Atera GIRO Speed is a smart and innovative carrier, originally designed for BMW but now available to the aftermarket. The real innovation is in the tightening system where, first time out, you pull out the tensioning knob and turn it until it's just the way you want it, not too tight, not too loose. Thereafter it uses a quick release system. Other manufacturers use a trial and error system, i.e. guess the tension required, and then find out whether it's right; there's a real danger of overtightening and then breaking the mechanism.
- Weight 4kg, for bikes up to 20kg
- Holds oval tubes to 80mm x 100mm, round tubes from 22mm to 80mm
- Clever features for safer and easier loading
- The best roof mounting carrier on the market!
- The frame holder is self supporting. Move it to 45 degrees then load the bike. Safer, easier
- The wheel holders have a raised edge which helps to prevent over-lift
- Check out our ProRide 591s and roof bars package deals for the best value anywhere!
Thule's 561 OutRide has a quick fit system for all types of front forks, including carbon fibre forks with steel dropouts, and forks with disc brakes. There's an integrated adapter for 20mm axles.
- A fork mount rack where the rear wheel is held in place using a clamping system rather than a strap making it great for bikes with disc or deep-dish wheels
- Ideal for most road bikes including touring/time trail and triathlon bikes. Also suitable for most cyclo-cross bikes
- Lightweight, slim design
- The rack simultaneously locks the bike to the rack and the rack to your bars
- Fits around a wide range of different roof bars
Pendle makes an excellent Tandem carrier - basic but very robust and fully adjustable. There's also a fork mounting version known as the Pendle 'Tandem T-bar'.
Pendle's excellent 'Tandem T-bar' carrier is basic but very robust and fully adjustable. Itís also available as the Pendle 'Tandem Standard' which is the "keep both wheels on" format.
The BUZZ RACK BuzzRider SP1 is a unique and innovative top quality 2 bike fork mount car rack which also provides a rack between the bikes, a support for the padded waterproof bag which is ideal for carrying up to 10kg of anything you don't really want in your car
Innoís Tyre Hold rack is a completely new bike carrier from Japanís market leader in the sector. Your bike is held in place using two ratchet arms that secure the wheels. The rack never touches the bike frame or cables Ė making this rack the ideal, and often only, option for bikes with carbon frames or non-standard shaped frames that donít fit a standard bike carrier.
- Incredibly easy to load and remove your bikes
- Takes a wide range of frame sizes, wheel bases and tyre sizes.
All our prices include VAT at 20%
"); } //-->