Winter driving accessories & essentials
Keep moving this winter with these useful accessories
We aim to keep good stocks of a range of very useful winter driving accessories. These are all products that our staff use in the business and at home, so we're confident about their quality and usefulness as well as their good value.
Of these, the ones we recommend above the others are these:
- Head torches: Almost essential for fitting snow chains or AutoSock in the dark.
- Snow brush: Better than using your arm! Be sure to sweep the snow off the roof, for safety's sake.
- AutoSock: Extraordinary products that make a phenomenal difference. They keep our business moving in snowy weather, allowing us to get easily and safely up and down the steep hills around Sedbergh.
Having a reflective safety vest in your car over the winter months is a very good idea, and the best way to be seen at night. Available in yellow, conforms to EU Standard BS EN 471.
This brass blade ice scraper is both durable and very effective and will clear even thick ice with ease.
It's lightweight, strong, really good quality.
This ice scraper, with a fleece lined mitt, makes clearing your windscreen a little bit more comfortable.
It's waterproof and an elasticated cuff stops snow and ice getting inside the glove.
Unique patented headlamp converters for continental driving. BEAM BENDERS redirect the beam and do not block out the light. Self-adhesive. One size fits most vehicles.
You ought to clear the snow off the roof of your vehicle, as well as off the glass. If you don't then the whole lot may slide forward, once the metal roof has warmed up, and cover the windscreen. Not good! This is the best small snow brush we have found anywhere, with non-scratch bristles and an insulated handle.
- A top quality wide blade heavy-duty ice scraper, designed to give the reach required to clear van and SUV windscreens
- Lightweight aluminium shaft, insulated soft grip handle
RUD's Quick Step shoe chain is the simplest and cheapest, but it still makes a massive difference between slipping and walking! All you need to do is to pull the superlastic loops over your shoe (small loop over the toe, large loop over the heel) and off you go!... One chain fits all shoe sizes.
This Maypole 3 tonne tow rope starts at 1.8m and stretches to 3.8m, eliminating snatching. Its drop forged hooks make it quick, clean and easy to use - there's no need to grovel around under the car looking for places to tie on or loop through. Just clip it into your towing eye, front or back. It's basically a big bungee cord, covered in a strong, multi-coloured sleeve.
These are well designed shoe chains, sold in pairs. The ice studs make an important difference when walking on iced-over pavements and compacted snow. The stretchy bit is silicone, not rubber, a very important feature as it's the rubber in shoe chains that tends to perish long before the metalwork wears out.
A very practical and easy-to-use head torch with two lighting levels, perfect for almost all your lighting needs. If you've never used a headtorch before you'll be amazed at what a difference they make.
An easy to carry bag for cross country skis that also protects the bindings.
- EzyShoes Walk are ideal anti-skid overshoes for anyone who needs to walk safely on ice, snow or mud
- Lightweight and comes in a handy storage pouch
- Available in sizes 13 (infant) to 15.5 (adult)
- The RUD 'i-Sock' is a completely new safety product that offers exceptional grip on snowy and icy surfaces. They're extremely quick and easy to use - just strap them onto your boots or shoes.
- A great feature of the 'i-Sock' is that, short term, they can be used in e.g. shopping centres and other snow free areas; you don't even need to take them off when you're driving!
The RUD 'Bergsteiger' is a serious shoe chain, available in four sizes. It is standard issue to most European post offices, including our own Royal Mail!
Made of alloy steel, easy to put on, take off, and store and (amazingly!) self-cleaning, i.e. no snow and ice residue is left between the chain and the sole of the shoe.
- Allow you to carry on with your sporting activities regardless of snowy and icy conditions
- They have been designed to meet the specific needs of runners during either training or competitions in extreme conditions
- Lightweight and comes in a handy storage pouch
- Available in sizes 3.5 to 15.5 (adult)
These are very well designed and robust shoe chains, sold in pairs. The black hardened steel ice-spikes make all the difference when walking on iced-over pavements. The stretchy bit is silicone, not rubber, a very important feature as it's the rubber in shoe chains that tends to perish long before the chain wears out.
An easy to carry, slim bag suitable for cross-country skis.
All our prices include VAT at 20%