If you crave a lot of storage space and features, this is the pack you've been looking for.
This new, larger Volt XL is able to carry large desktop replacement computers such as the 17" PowerBook and Dell Inspiron 8600 with ease.
Other nifty features:
- Extra-beefy padding in the bottom of computer section, for maximum shock absorbency.
- Your computer is protected by 4 layers of fabric and 2 layers of closed-cell foam, right in the area where it counts the most -- the bottom.
- Ergonomic shoulder straps for maximum comfort.
- The straps on this pack are equal to or better in quality than a lot of the big-name mountaineering companies out there.
- Two large exterior pockets with vertical zipper makes access a breeze. Perfect for stashing tickets, a paperback book, or anything else you need to grab quickly.
- Multiple interior pockets for accessories and peripherals. We optimized the pockets to hold a cell phone, mouse, pens, CD-ROMs, and other stuff.
- There's also a huge cord pocket to keep all those pesky things hidden away.
Other specificatons: (Metric sizes to follow)
- External dimensions: 19.0 x 12.0 x 8.5
- Capacity: 1900
- Weight: 3
- External fabric: 1680 Denier ballistic nylon
- Internal fabric: 210 Denier silver (grey) nylon
- Padding: Yes
- External pockets: 2
- Waist strap: Yes
- Removable strap: Yes
- Hideaway harness: Yes
- Top handle: Yes
- Side handle: No
- Framesheet: No
- Origin: Boulder, CO USA
This backpack is designed for use with a padded laptop sleeve (or "Boot") to hold the laptop firm and snug. If you haven't yet ordered a Boot, please click here to find out which size you need.